Tuesday, April 28, 2020

There are some who can live without wild things,





and some who cannot. --- Aldo Leopold



I love the brightness of this Desert Chicory ---- like sunshine!


There was so much beauty all around me on my walk at Bringle today.  And in our yard when I got back home.  So much to be thankful for!  And today, it kinda felt like I was being watched.  You'll see what I mean.


this little White Crowned Sparrow (?) led the way along the TAMUT pond


The hot pink of Pink Sorrel is luscious!  Honeybees think so, too.

Lance-Leaved Coreopsis, or Tickseed

I try to remember to take the underside pic of they DYC's for ID help


Hairy Hexagonia perhaps


Wild Geraniums going to seed become "Crane's Bill" and it's easy to see why.  This one is Carolina Crane's -Bill.

One of a few faces I say today.....and that saw me,  Who do you see?

Last year I spotted these at Bringle for the first time and have been watching for them to bloom again this year.
Red-Purple Beebalm.

One of the roses in our yard that was planted before we moved in.

This cute little Green Anole was showing out for me in ofy.  He kept puffing out his red/orange dewlap, but I wasn't quick enough for a photo.

Caught him in mid-dance.

check out those "ribs"

Feeling lucky!  Found in ofy and passed forward to Trish Jones -- who made tons of masks for our family and friends.

Cool to come across this Indigo in the woods at Bringle.  A first for me. 

Nuttall's Wild Indigo

This Common Vetch against the backdrop of  a Pink Lady Primrose caught my eye.

Indian Blankets and a Wish.

One of my fave Kudzu spots on my walk near Golf Ranch. 
"The vine that ate the South".

Hairy Vetch is looking sharp this week.

Red-Purple Beebalm is popping out now!

One of my friends said it reminds her of Honeysuckle on a stick!

Such a fun flower.

One has to really be looking down to catch a glimpse of tiny Japanese Mazus.

Buck Moth

Having a little mid-morning snack.

This Clover is pulling lookout duty.

One of our fave roses in our yard.  Reminds me of sherbet.

Self-Heal is medicinal, as many wildflowers are. I see a face here, too!

Love this stunning Iris that Deanna next door gave us !




No comments:

Post a Comment