Friday, April 10, 2020

April 9,10, 2020 Sashay






We were blessed with some wonderful weather and temps in the 60's a couple of days this week in Texarkana.  That allowed me to get in some good walks at the park, and some much needed yardwork. I love my walks.  Yardwork....not so much.  But I do enjoy a good sashay around the yard to see what's blooming. Everyday there is something new!

Hop Trefoil

The bees love my fave little wildflower, too

The Fuzzy Phacelia is really growing well at Bringle

The Pink Ladies have such a beautiful array of shades of pink

A few days ago, I noticed a little something sprouting up at Bringle that looked kinda like jack-in-the-pulpit.  But now I can see that it's likely a Shagbark Hickory tree.


Can ya see the social distancer out on the lake?

This flashy Red-Spotted Admiral caught my eye

such beautiful colors!

Then this fella caught my eye.  I'd never seen one before!

Sculptured Pine Borer Bringle

The 2nd year of our Sharpsepal Beardtongue 



Sharpsepal Beardtongue is a Penstamon




This is the Ice Plant that Debbie Curtis gave me a couple of summers ago as a little potted plant.

I'd say it weathered the winter nicely!


love the little hot pink blooms




Amaryllis that was already planted here when we moved in

Yesterday it looks like an alien

Today the beautiful Amaryllis is showing out
Our Prairie Phlox is thriving



So happy to see the Four o/Clocks coming back.  I was afraid Bailey might've dug them all up during the fall.
They colors of the Spiderwort and Beardtongue are a pretty mix

Found a family of Drapernaud's Glass Snails under a board I needed to throw away. 




Since we let our yard be pretty natural (instead of fancy grass), we find some of the tiniest little treasures. This one is Common Chickweed.  The nails are the Quarantine Special.

Yesterday I got this stunning Iris pic.  Deanna, nextdoor, gave me some of these last year.  What a gift!! This pic is actually taken on my phone is portrait mode, so was easily turned into 3D on Facebook
Today the same Iris



No comments:

Post a Comment