Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Wildflowers and Reptiles and a Sunshiny Day


Sometimes when you're wildflower hunting on a warm day, you might see a reptile or 2!  The wildflowers and wildlife are starting to peek out at Bringle.

Bradford Pears are one of the first blooming trees around this area in the spring

Tho they're beautiful in the spring and in the fall, they are quite invasive and choke out the native plants. Native plants are a must for air quality improvement.

Common Vetch is a legume.  As it starts going to seed, it will develop little pods

Crowpoison

Prairie Groundsel

Dwarf Dandelion

Crimson Clover.  Pollinators love this stuff!

I saw some here and there today.  In a week or 2 there will be tons. Little Buttercups are in the mix.

The tiny blue and white Bluets are such a treat.
Staredown with this Green Anole. 

Interesting woods along the boardwalk

As many years as I've been walking Bringle, I always see something new to me.

Red Maple, also called a Swamp Maple

They're still providing a pop of color in the bare woods around Bringle Lake.

The Red Maple samaras are stunning and will start dropping later in the spring
Wish 

Dandelions are keepers.... they welcome the bees.

As I was studying the wildflowers, I nearly missed this beauty!

He slowly crossed the path right in front of me

Beautiful Kingsnake

one of the good guys

No comments:

Post a Comment