Wednesday, March 30, 2016

heading out







2-26-16:  Left SLRSP this morning and drove to Kerrville to spend a couple of nights at Buckhorn. Want to spend a little time with friend Sarah before leaving the hill country.
Before we even pulled into the rv park, I got a call from Jerri.  She and Shari were coming over to Kerrville to go to some resale shops.  LOL.  We'd all said our "cya laters" yesterday and this morning.  Then an hour later we are fixin to go shopping together again.

ran into Sue Pinch at the humane society resale shop
So David and I set the camper up right quick and we 3 girls hit the shops.  Afterward, David and I went to see Revenant.  It was good as far as the scenery, the nature, and the fact that it probably was how things were then.




2-27-16:  David and I grabbed pizza from the Broken Stone to take to Sarah's.  While waiting for it I ran into The Trading Post next to it.  FUN shop with the metal art.  And some of the most reasonable prices for it that we've seen in the hill country!


David dropped me off at Sarah's so we could play Panties.  Fun to get to visit with her one more time before we headed out. When she brought me home, Rocky and Buttons got aquainted.  Buttons is such a good baby!

awww

I want one

goat acrobats

Rocky was pretty interested in the goats, too
2-28-16:  Drove on to Waco to spend a night.  I-35 RV Park is next to a goat farm.  They were soooo cute!

Tom, me, and Dee
We got to visit with Tom and Dee while there.  Always great to see them.






2-29-16:  Back in Texarkana!  Laura and Gus met us at Reggie's for a burger.  When I bought that hat at the grocery store in Junction, I immediately texted Gus and told him I couldn't wait for him to see what I was bringing him.  I said "Hint:  you can't drive with it".  My thought was that the brim is so big he couldn't wear it while driving.  I just knew he's love it so much that he'd WANT to drive with it.  But he took that hint to mean we were bringing him a new putter.  I think he woulda liked the hat more had he not been expecting a putter.

Walter and Odestine
3-1-16: Went to see Edith today and also got to see Pam's parents, Walter and Odestine. They've recently moved in there and seem to be adjusting nicely!  They are still youngsters at heart!



3-3-16: Had a lunch date with long time friends, Paul and Sandy Rothwell.  They have recently retired and started fulltiming.  They've been wanting to get together and pick our brains on the workamping info.  But I think they have it down.  They have some great ideas on earning income while traveling.


the marathon is shaping up in downtown LR

3-4-16:  I took off for Little Rock this morning.  My fitbit friends convinced me to partake in the 5k event of the Little Rock Marathon.  So Laci and I are going to walk in it tomorrow.  I get to spend today with my big brother and sis-in-law.  We rarely get to spend time together with kids and grandkids. Not that we don't love the kids and grandkids cause we do!!  But sometimes it's fun for us to spend time together.  Now that they're retired, maybe that'll happen more.
First we went to eat at Chuy's. That was my first time there and YUM!!!  I'll do that one again.

Then we went downtown to pick up packets for Laci, Nathan, and me.  Nathan will be running the marathon on Sunday.


Game On!  (that's the motto for this year)

this statue in downtown LR kinda reminds me of Pippa in KS

Bill Boy and me in front of the Clinton Library

Pam showing me the Clinton Presidential Park Bridge, pr Rock Island Bridge,  over the Arkansas River
Then we went to the Clinton Presidential Park and Library was pretty impressive.  The architecture of the library and the River Trail along the Arkansas River were great!





the employee in the gift shop was actually named Clinton









Pam said they come down here often with cardboard boxes so the grandkids can slide down the hills

they showed me the center of Arkansas
Now it's time to go back to their house to hook up with Laci and my fitbit peeps, who I haven't met yet.
Laci and Baby Z

Laci, Pam, and Ethan -- who is glued to an iphone game
da boys: Z, Daniel, Bill, and Ethan

Laci, Rhonda, me, and Darren
Then we went to meet the fitbit peeps.  Yep, even tho we've just been communicating via fitbit for about a year, Rhonda and Darren are my people.


good times
As you can see by the fact that I've hit 2 restaraunts today, I'm training hard for tomorrow's race.

Laci and me

3-5-16:  Laci and are jazzed about the upcoming race.  Looking forward to getting to spend some quality time with my niece.

Even Captain America will be in this 5k


ran into college friend, Mason Cozart

Darren and Rhonda are each sporting a bad ankle but are planning to run
good crowd
raising of the flag
There was a much bigger crowd for this than the one I did in Wichita in Sept.  What a fun, fun atmosphere.  Everyone was happy and enjoying each other.  It really struck me that when the national anthem began, this huge, lively crowd became perfectly quiet and reverent. Makes me so proud to be an American. And an Arkie.



ok, the lady on crutches is ahead of us
I had to hand it to the lady on crutches.  She was struggling, but keeping on.

tu-tu's galore
Pam and I talked about getting the family to do the 5k next year and all wearing  red tu-tu's.  But once I saw them today, I may rethink the whole tu-tu thing.

This young kid and his dad  just passed us

the cops started coming through with sirens on

they were scooting us over to the right so the runners lapping us wouldn't be slowed down

Mason Cozart on the bullhorn

Hey Mason!

and an average, everyday leprechaun

how many cops does it take to make sure we turn right here?

totally loved how throughout the 3 miles residents would be in their front yards or standing on corners cheering us on

Black Girls Run (white girls walk)

sometimes I just like to prove I'm not in last place

I'm seeing the finish line
Sweet Laci wanted to walk the whole 3 miles with me although I kept telling her to run so she'd have a better time.  Finally, on this last stretch I told her to sprint and she did.  She prob woulda kicked butt on her time if she hadn't been so nice the whole way.  But I sure enjoyed getting to hang with her.

My fan club!! The one in the red hat.  My brother.  He had to pick us up anyway.

finished!

my finishing time was 53.31 -- I'm ok with it since I haven't been training at all
bib and metal

The Little Rock Marathon goes all out on the metals

Nathan's was much bigger than ours -- he finished the marathon on Sunday







The 4 pix above are randomly taken by marathon photographers as a money-making dealio.

So thankful for this experience and that I'm able to walk in these event.

love the tub Pam painted and put on their hill
Headed back to Texarkana after the race.  Other than a sore muscle, I feel great for having done this.  I hope it'll keep me motivated to get my walking routine back on this spring.



3-6-16:  Today I could track Nathan on his marathon run, and Darren and Rhonda on their half-marathon run.  Technology is pretty cool!



got to have breakfast with these 2 beauties this morning
Ran into Dara and Macie at Cracker Barrel this morning and they joined us for breakfast.  Really enjoyed visiting with them while tracking Nathan in his run.

Nathan crossing the finish line

Nathan and Manning -- love that Nathan wears my cooling wrap for his races

Edith and Laura Lee
Had supper tonight with 2 of my fave women:  my stepmom and my baby girl.  I love being in Texarkana and we're looking forward to spending time with family the rest of this month.

Much love and Keep Moving!


Hugh Glass, Harriet Thompson, and Billy


No comments:

Post a Comment