Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back in the Arklatex!



12-1-13:  Headed on down to Texarkana today after an overnighter in Seminole, OK. Once we hit TX, we noticed there is still a little color on the trees.  Many hawks on the drive down, too.  Love watching them poised on trees and poles and sometimes stalking their prey. We saw a couple of good-sized Road Runners on the this trip, too.

got a little homesick for Branson when Jackie sent me this pic of Tom and Dave at Mr. G's
what the heck?  first fever blister EVER. in time for seeing my peeps and going to the dentist.  Carmex rocks!
Looking forward to seeing Gus, Edith, and our other peeps!

one doc kept us waiting long enough that I noticed this expiration date on his license- he assured me he had an updated one in another room

the new hundreds look cool - had to snap a pic cause I don't get to hang on to them for long
the blue strip has 3D id info for autenticity
Carol, my hairdresser of many, many years
Jillian Taylor was our hygienist

12-2-13:  Had appts with doctors and dentist today.   Every appt included a former student assisting.  Man, we are old.

12-3-13:  Edith and I went to lunch at the Cobbler Shop today.  Yum!  She looks so good!  I think she's getting younger!

#mamasaidtolettheguyswinsometimes
And tonight Cranford and Kathey had us over for supper.  Then we played Panties.  David warned everyone that he has won 2 rounds in a row.  Sure enough, we let the guys win again.

They always let me do our laundry when we are over there, too.  I've learned to really, really appreciate doing a load for free!  Does that make me a "freeloader?"

a young bald cypress at the rv park where we are staying
cool "fruit"
still a little dab of color in NET
12-4-13:  David ran some errands this morning, while I stayed home and did laundry (not free loads) and made some more hooters.  This may be our last warm day for awhile.  The temps are really supposed to drop starting tomorrow night.  Enjoying the last of the color on the trees in the rv park.

me, Julie, Bill Boy, and Brutus the Blue Siamese cat

12-5-13:  TBT (Throw Back Thursday).  Posted the above pic of my brother and sis and me.  And Brutus.  He was a big ole Blue Siamese.  Bill reminded that Brutus was also cross-eyed.  I'd forgotten about that. I do remember 2 things about Brutus.  He could use the potty.  And he would attack me in the nose when everyone left the room.

good to have our boy hanging out with us

nut didn't fall far from the tree -- we didn't even tell each other we were gonna make a face
Enjoyed Gus hanging out with us today on his day off as we watched season one of Modern Family and anticipated Winter Storm Cleon. Everyone is expecting school to be cancelled tomorrow.

Ron and Dawn's campsite -- where we workamp in Branson
postcard pretty!
the Dewey in the snowstorm
Allan's place -- another postcard pic
Gala's and Allan's new chair covers
Tammy's front yard --  ice in the pond
The LR District COE posted this pic on FB with the Dewey in the background
Moonshine Beach
12-6-13:  Woke up to the sound of sleet on the camper roof and thunder. School in session and we didn't see snowflakes until about 3:30.  But none stuck. However, our Branson peeps were nice enough to send me beautiful pix of their 9 inches or so!  Soooo jealous. Thx, Dawn, Gala, and Tammy for the beautiful scenes!

Walmartians!  Misty, me, and Melanie
Santa and me
12-7-13:  We drove to New Boston to go to the Walmart this morning -- to avoid the Texarkana Walmart crowds.  On a Saturday. In December. So glad we did.  Not only was the NB store not crowded, but we saw 3 of our favorite peeps!  Misty, Melanie, and Santa!

Manning, Miller, Dara, Macie, Nathan, and Marlee Kay
David and Bill Boy
David and Laci
me taking a pic of Pam taking a pic of me
Jakeb and Lacey
Laci's Ethan
the bday boy, James Goff -- 2 years old

 James looked like he was actually reading the cards

jamming on the "woofer" we got him
Miller really needs to learn how to chill out
my forner LE coworker Sabrina Lange and her baby girl
looks easy -- it's not
weeeee
if there is any movement at all then it's hard to stand up
once ya get to the top, you just have to throw yourself onto the landing
wait for me, James!
David and me with sweet baby James
David took me to the Bouncy House in Nash tonite.  And what a surprise when we saw all the Goff's there! Just kidding, we went there for James Madison Goff's 2nd birthday!  There were so many people and presents there.  I don't think he knew what had hit him in the beginning.  But he got the hang of it pretty quickly.  That is one cute boy! Wonderful seeing all of my brother's family!

at church this morning, I finally got in on one of Donna Jo's "duck face" pix that I've been seeing on FB
12-8-13:  Great being back at Antioch CC this morning.  We had to slip out during the last song so that Edith wouldn't have to wait on us for lunch. As we were going through the door, Cranford announced from the pulpit "Hey Becky and David, ya'll don't have to leave.  Just come on back and sit down!".  I'll get him back.

Bill and Pam ran into a little trouble the next day -- in their driveway
The overpasses and bridges were starting to ice over last night when we left the party.  Our camper stamps were icy.  But this morning everything was just fine.  Except around Little Rock.  Bill and Pam didn't quite make it up their driveway today due to the ice.

Rocky got his hair did today -- loved the mustache bandana the groomer gave him




12-9-13:  After picking Rocky up from the groomer this afternoon, I got behind a very slow moving wrecker on Kings Hwy pulling a US Mail truck that had evidently turned over on some of the nearby icy roads.

enjoyed goodies in the large dining room
ready to party!
in pix -- I'm usually talking and Kathy is fixing her hair
selfie
so much charm in the living room
let's get to the gifts!
anyone see a reindeer?
Kathey dazzled us with a couple of Christmas carols

ACC CWF

loved that I got to join the fun 

Yikes!
12-10-13:  I was invited to the ACC CWF's Christmas party tonight at the Collins Bldg.  Love this group of ladies! So genuine.  And I love the old Ben and Jane Collins Bldg -- which is now Kathey's office.  It is beautifully decorated for Christmas!  Several Christmas trees throughout. Ben and Jane opened it in the late 1920's as an assisted living home for about 15 women. Now Hands On Texarkana owns it and offers office space and events.  I can remember going Christmas caroling to the residents there when I was a kid with Central Christian Church.  The bldg had so much elegance and charm then and still does.  It's great knowing it is being used today as a good cause!

Edith
12-11-13:  Enjoyed the day with Edith at her apartment today.  Lunch with her and her friend Bonnie and Bonnie's daughter, Bobbie.  Fun ladies! So glad to be able to spend some time with Edith this month.  She's such a special lady!  A blessing to all who meet her!

We've so enjoyed our first week and a half in T-Town!  We've had some really cold days, but have been very lucky with not having the snow and ice the surrounding areas in AR and TX (and MO) have had this month.  Looking forward to more time with family and friends and few more hands of Panties!

Much love and Merry Christmas!

Yay, Gloria, and Mannie

No comments:

Post a Comment