Tuesday, November 1, 2016

october in doo-dah






Spent the month of October in Wichita with McClintock Family.  I'm hoping once we get to AZ this winter I'll have time to label pix and add descriptions on my blogs.  Until then, enjoy flipping thru the pix.



 10-1-16:  Got to watch Andrew play soccer on our first Saturday in Wichita!

10-4-16:  Stayed with Brooke to kinda help out with the boys and the dogs after her surgery.  Got to walk these fellas to school these past 2 mornings. This is why we love Kansas!






10-7-16:  Got to volunteer at GPNC this afternoon.  I just love my peeps out there! Have I every mentioned that this is my happy place in Wichita?





10-8-16:  Another day of soccer!  Then we went to Justin and Brooke's to watch the Hogs and celebrate her birthday.  Well, the boys watched the Hogs.  Brooke and I crafted.



 10-13-16; Bunco at Linda Sue's house.











10-14-16:  Took the boys bowling today.

10-16-16:  Andrew's last soccer game.  So glad we got to catch them this fall!





10-21-16:  Brooke dropped the boys off early this morning so she could go to class. While David and Andrew watched Razorback reruns, Asher taught us the proper way to use a whoopie cushion.




10-22-16:  I got to help with the first ever Howl-loween event at GPNC tonight.  It was a huge hit!  Several hundred folks showed up for it.  My part was being one of 3 giving presentations in the auditorium. My presentation was on "Eyeshine".  Know what that is?  I didn't either until I researched it for this event.  Cool & interesting stuff!






10-28-16:  Today is our 28th anniversary!  So this morning we walked and this afternoon I volunteered at the nature center all afternoon. LOL. Whatever.........every day is a celebration when one is retired!




10-31-16:  Halloween, allergy shot, and lunch at Bite Me BBQ with Greg and Linda Sue.


The above is not a prank.  The Weather Channel showed this crazy pic of Hurricane Matthew.  How bizarre and how cool right in time for Halloween.

11-1-16:  Kind of an uneventful day......until about 11:26 tonite.  The Wichita area has frequent earthquakes from the OK "fracking".  We rarely notice then in our camper.  Sometimes we can't tell the difference between the wind and the quakes.  But tonite we both were awakened by a 4.5.  Shook us pretty good.  Rocky slept through it, tho.



11-3-16:  Headed south this morning. Always hard to leave, but definitely time to see our Texarkana family.

No comments:

Post a Comment