Thursday, March 5, 2015

Natchez Trace Parkway: Day 2 - Tupelo to Nashville


1-23-15:  Began the Tupelo to Nashville stretch.  Just, wow! Another rainy, chilly day, but wow!

finally seeing some clear water at Glenrock Branch
once again, my fave photographer captured the Beech tree beauties
great little picnic area
pretty  bluffs on the other side
controlled burn at the Old Trace Drive
it's just what it says - a drivable part of the original Trace
gorgeous view, even in the fog and mist
calmness







Starting to feel more like Tennessee

Metal Ford might have been my fave spot on the Trace (doesn't that look like lips)

because it's at the Buffalo River

great spot for a picnic -- when it isn't cold and rainy

these trees just try  to hang on


I love the Buffalo everywhere it runs
familiar Buffalo River bluffs behind Rocky and me



The Old Tobacco Farm

Tobacco Barn

rear view of the tobacco barn

another drivable section of the Old Trace that begins at the Tobacco Barn

One of the funnier sightings - David thought it was their last name
but I suspected it was exactly what it was -- and now I have a new nickname to go with my friend, Jerri's nickname "Ms Boss"
at the end of the Trace 
David's doctor in Tupelo told him about this place. And we are glad he did. Fried chicken, homemade bread, all the fixins with heavy gravy.  Delicious.  Just a good thing I take cholesterol meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment