Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ayo!


"Ayo" is a Nigerian word meaning "joy".  We learned this from a show in Branson which we attended with Bill and Pam.  It can also mean, "Hey, Ya'll!" haha.  The show is "Ayo, Voices of Glory".  


One of the Bald Eagles that nest on Lake Taneycomo
 chillin' on the Lake Queen with my peeps
David with Gala's new kitten, Jack
7-25-13:  Enjoyed lunch with Gala today and then got to meet her new kitty, Jack. He's a climber!
going for a swim in Table Rock with Rocky
got it!
he could do this all day long

7-27-13:  David spotted a coyote running across the road in town today. I missed it because I'm sure I was looking at my phone.


our workamper neighbors -- Terri's caption is "a bunch of asses" ( I didn't say that!!)
finally tried out my new hybrid
getting my swang on
And spent a little time at the driving range.  Afterwards, we took Rocky for a swim in Table Rock and this time I got in with him so he could go a little deeper.


Bill and Pam came to see us at the Dewey and took a dam tour with the best dam tour guide! (yes, Kelley, the names tags are so we don't get lost)
we bad
8-1-13: Yay!  Bill and Pam came to see us for a few days.  So excited to get to spend some time with them!
Lake Queen
Ok, so I don't cook much
Pam kept saying "there better not be any sharks in this water!"  Danged if we didn't see one!
This beautiful Eagle stayed perched as we went downstream and back upstream
caught the fog on the Taneycomo
Bill Boy thought I should plank on the plank
Cap'n Bubba
Beautiful Couple
the paddlewheel on the Queen

bluffs along the Taneycomo

this was probably the fake mine for the pirate cruises that used to run the Taneycomo

so relaxing
of course I did
Now Bubba, I'm trying to steer the ship here
Blue Heron
A flock of geese followed us a little bit
8-2-13:  The 4 of us went for a ride down Lake Taneycomo on the Lake Queen this morning.  When we got there, it was still very foggy which makes the lake look so cool and eery.  Pam got a kick out of the boxtops I gave her -- I thought I was doing pretty well saving them.  But we had to laugh because there were prob 10 or less in that baggie since Christmas!  Not only do I not cook much, but most of those were from toilet paper and kleenex, etc.

As we cruised the lake, Cap'n Bubba pointed out where some Eagles like to nest in a big ole Sycamore.  While we were all looking for the nest, we spotted a huge Bald Eagle perched on a tree watching us.  So beautiful!  And he was still there when we came back upstream.
Pam couldn't resist the gumball machine at Little Hacienda in Hollister
not too big for her!
After our Taneycomo cruise, we enjoyed lunch at my fave Mexican restaurant, Little Hacienda, in Hollister.  YUM!

basketweavers in Edwards Mill
working on his basket

Bill and Pam at Edwards Mill
David noticed his hair sticking up
lovely swans!  and a couple in the background, too.
Edwards Mill
Edwards Mill wheel
an Indian arrow built into the rock wall at Edwards Mill
pepper plants at C of O
they look yummy
Bill and Pam overlooking Lake Taneycomo at Point Lookout, MO

one of my fave backdrops at C of O
We had a little time to kill before heading to Dogwood Canyon, so we showed them around College of the Ozarks.  

outside Hope Chapel at Dogwood Canyon
the falls behind Hope Chapel
trying to find out what this is
the iron bridge over Glory Hole
some caves under the bridge
Pam, it's not a real buffalo (she has a hard time loosening up)
behind the chapel
the streams and weirs have a lotta watta this summer
see the trout?
 looking for the monster trout in Glory Hole
cascading water at Dogwood Canyon
Bill and Pam at Glory Hole
The Elk coming to greet the tram
watching them chow down next to the tram
then the bison came along and kinda moved the elk over to the side
baby bison -- cuteness!


velvet antlers
this guy wants his turn

I think I hear Elvis!

this baby elk hears him, too!
Elvis is in the building!
The longhorn watched the tram very carefully - Curly
Here's the king of the hill - Moe
Wishbowl Falls - see the California Golden Trout in the water?
me and my feller
Bill and Pam at Wishbowl Falls
a frog in one of the many streams in Dogwood Canyon 
We enjoyed the perfect temps this afternoon at Dogwood Canyon.  We took the tram ride through the canyon and up into the wildlife area.

Ayo
these siblings range in age from 13 (the girl) to 21
Bill's caption:  "Who does not belong?"
8-3-13:  On our final morning of or visit with Bill and Pam, we all went to see Ayo, Voices of Glory.  Wow!  These kiddos are awesome.  This is a show we will definitely go see again.

The first part of August has been full of AYO!!  Loved it!  Headed to Texarkana to get my driver's license renewed (my pic finally became obsolete) and to grab a little more ayo from friends and family.

Looking forward to seeing more peeps soon!

Much Love and Ayo to you all,

Tom, Becky, and Chip




No comments:

Post a Comment