Thursday, October 13, 2011

Planking!

My first plank

According to Wikipedia (which is always right), planking is when one lies facedown, stiff as a board, in unlikely places.  Although The Office isn't quite as good this season w/out Michael Scott, I did learn about planking on the first episode.  Fun and random!

David was a little mortified about me doing this.  I told him I'm 55, I won't be able to do this much longer. (it's not as easy as it looks)  So he got with the program. He said that when I die he'll make sure I'm buried face down in my coffin -- as a "final plank".

I told Pam, my sister-in-law, that one of the greatest things about growing old is that it's now our turn to embarrass our kids!  Hopefully, we'll have many more years of doing that in various ways.

As for now -- enjoy a few of our planking pix!  And for those of you who are cool enough to plank, (LOL)  send me your pic so I can add it to this blog!

Bec planking at Petit Jean
9-23-11:  Today I planked for the first time!

Pam planking on game day

9-24-11:  Pam learned to plank!

Now THIS is how ya plank!  Way to go James Cozart!

Actually, quite amazing!  Gonna be hard to top James
10-1-11:  Rec'd my college buddy's (James Cozart) planking pix today on FB.  He planked in Philadelphia, one on the Rocky statue.  He went all out and looked like an acrobat!  Had to hurt, but it was impressive.  Way to go James!

Looks a little painful, but Pam is my hero!
10-2-11:  Today Bill, Pam, Laci, and Ethan visited us at Petit Jean.  We went on the Bear Cave Trail and Pam discovered a great place to plank.   I love her spirit!

Christena planking at Silver Dollar City
10-8-11:  Will and Christena went to Silver Dollar City and found a great spot to plank.  In honor of David's promise to me for my final plank!

A work of art
11-5-11:  Linda Sue's first plank at the Kansas Underground Salt Museum - topside.

A lesson in American fun
11-9-11:  Lissa's first planking pic in her classroom in Tuscon.  She teaches an ESL type class for adults. Note the Q and A on the board behind her. Q: What is the teacher doing? A: The teacher is planking.  Love it, Lissa!  What an awesome teacher you are! :)

This time is for real!

11-12-11:  Christena's 2nd plank!  I think she's getting into it. Planking at Lake Sequoya.  Way to go, Christena!

Ok, this is pretty impressive, Justin!
12-8-11:  Rec'd the above planking pic from Justin tonite.  Gotta admit, this is pretty unique!  Who will top this?

Me planking at Enchanted Rock
1-19-12:  Planking at Enchanted Rock -- before the big fall.





1-2012:   Mr. Ken from JCRV decided to join in the Planking party!  He is one cool dude, right?  He just may start the trend amongst rv'ers!!



2-8-12  Planking on 619!  LOL.  Cranford Graves in the bus yard.  That is quite a prop, Crannie!  Next time howzabout up above that School Bus sign?

Katie planking in Florida!


Feb 2012:  Katie sent me this planking pic from Florida1  Great balance, Katie Lou!




March 3, 2012:  4 year old Manning Goff planking at Petit Jean!  And 2 year old Ethan Goff TRYING to plank on the turtle rocks at Petit Jean.

Macie Goff, 10, on Thanksgiving 2012

2 yr old, James Goff tub planking, Feb. 2014
April 30, 2014 -- Flat Andrew planking  at Keeper of the Plains in Wichita
not as easy as it looks for a flat fella in 50 mph gusts

the boys wanted to plank like their daddy did

May, 2014:  When we talked about Flat Andrew planking, we discussed how Justin in the King of Planking! 

Andrew with his diagonal plank
Asher wanted some of the action, too!

Sherryl Walker's plank from an Oct. 2014 facebook post~  Pretty dang good!

More to come.......???

May 19, 2020:  I re-enacted my very first plank at Petit Jean today.  Same rock, same style, just turned the opposite way. That was a memory thing.

David pointed out that I was much slower getting up this time than the first time -- 9 years ago.


May 26, 2020:  Planking hasn't gone out of style.  At least in our family! Pam sent me the pics below of a couple of Goff littles planking for the first time on the Promenade in Hot Springs, AR.


Malachi Goff, 3, has the right idea, but keeps an eye on the photograper, jic.




Evan Goff, 4, kinda looks like he is going to dive on off of that rock.

These will be fun to re-enact over the years.






No comments:

Post a Comment